Thursday, January 27, 2011

Where Have All The Good Times Gone?

Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ who has blessed us in the heavenly realms with every spiritual blessing in Christ.  For he chose us in him before the creation of the world to be holy and blameless in his sight.  In love he predestined us to be adopted as his sons through Jesus Christ... (Ephesians 1:3-5)
 
The past few days have been very dark and difficult for me.  I am facing an issue with my family that I fear is a matter of life or death and I have found myself repeating the same prayers to God over and over again.  I have been asking for His guidance to deal with my family, strength for my weaknesses, and now I am trying to let go of what I cannot control and trust God to handle a very delicate situation.
 
I have also been looking for his blessings despite the difficulties I am facing and I know that he is with me always; sometimes it just feels like his provisions and blessings are harder for me to notice. 
 
The passage from Ephesians promises us that he has forgiven each of our sins and we have been redeemed through Jesus' death on the cross.  Furthermore, we are never alone as we have the Holy Spirit dwelling within each of us.  Lastly, while all things good and bad come to pass, we can rest assured that we have eternal life to look forward to when we leave this earth.
 
As believers, no matter what trails and tribulations we face in this lifetime, we have every reason to express our gratitude and give thanks to our Father who remains steadfast and provides us spiritual blessings at all times! 

2 comments:

  1. John 10:10, All He wants is for us to come to Him, it's that easy Will, Psalms 91, love you brother!

    ReplyDelete