Saturday, January 1, 2011

New Year's Day

He saved us, through the washing of regeneration and renewing of the Holy Spirit, whom He poured out on us abundantly.  (Titus 3:5-6)


Another new year, a new beginning, a fresh start.  No resolutions for me in 2011, just a yearning to grow deeper in my relationship with Christ.  Looking back at last year, I was stubborn many times and failed to give up the control in my life.  I was blessed in too many ways to count, but I failed in certain aspects.  This year will be different, starting today.

You see, God is looking for imperfect followers to come to a strong dependence on Him.  He is not concerned with how you look outwardly or how many pounds you have resolved to loose at the gym this year.  He is not concerned with how much you sell at work or how large your house is, etc. etc.  He is simply looking for people whose lifestyles allow Him to empower and direct their actions here on this earth.

What are your goals this year? What do you want to accomplish?  I don't know about you, but I know that I am going to move forward and let God reign supreme in my life in 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment