Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Flawless (Go To The City)

I don't mean to say that I have already achieved these things or that I have already reached perfection.  But I press on to possess that perfection for which Christ Jesus first possessed me.  (Philippians 3:12)
 
I enjoyed the three-day weekend and getting to spend some quality time with my family.  It really dawned on me how much my actions influence our son, Elliott.  He literally is like a parrot and repeats everything we say, mimics many of our gestures and behaviors.  Like any caring parent, Alicia and I both strive to be perfect parents.  
 
The reality of striving for perfection is that we will always be struggling against our human and sin-filled nature.  God understands our desire for perfection and he sent his Son, Jesus, who is perfect, holy, and blameless.  It's through His death on the cross, that God exchanges our sinfulness for his perfect and righteous holiness. 

No comments:

Post a Comment