Monday, January 31, 2011

Desire

"You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.  I will be found by you," declares the Lord.  (Jeremiah 29:13-14)


There are many things that we desire in life, that aren't necessarily good for us.  For instance, I like to eat fast food from time to time, but I know the associated health risks if I choose to indulge and eat it on a regular basis.  Another example is loving someone.  This action is God-honoring, good, and healthy if we choose to love our spouse, but if we love someone other than our spouse, it's wrong and considered adultery.

God wants us to focus on him, and those things that are right, just, and pure.  When we focus on things other than God, such as everything our sinful hearts desire, we are in the wrong.

If your greatest desire is to grow closer with God, all of your other desires will be influenced in a positive way.

No comments:

Post a Comment