Wednesday, June 5, 2019

Willin'


“Not as I will, but as You will.” –Jesus, Matthew 26:39


I certainly live up to my namesake as I am determined and admittedly quite stubborn.  And so it is with my relationship with God.  I have really been working on my prayers lately, trying not to focus so much on the content of my prayers and petitions, but more on being obedient to what God is asking me to do in my life.  I assure you that it  has not been easy for me to give up the control , but things have been much smoother at home, work and in my relationships.

God’s ultimate goal for His beloved children is that we live in complete harmony with His master plan and yield to His will.  Jesus gave us all the ultimate example of yielding to God’s will that fateful night in the garden, moments before He was captured and crucified.

His plan for you and me is to move us to the same obedience of and willingness of Christ so that we can someday say “Not as I will, but as You will.”

No comments:

Post a Comment