Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Leap of Faith

If you look carefully into the perfect law that sets you free, and if you do what it says and don't forget what you heard, then God will bless you for doing it.  (James 1:25)


I ran my first half marathon last year in Knoxville and am already planning to compete again in just a few months.  Like any athletic event, the preparation beforehand required me to increase my distance on my daily runs.  I had just added onto what was my longest distance in 2009 and by spring of 2010, I was able to run 13.2 at a fast pace, without stopping.

God asks that we spend the same amount of time and effort growing our faith.  Faith is like a muscle; it gets stronger the more you exercise it.  When we are obedient to what God asks us to do, and we experience His loving provisions and blessings, our faith grows stronger as a result.

The next time God is on the move in your life and asks you to do something, you will have more confidence to take that leap of faith!

No comments:

Post a Comment