Friday, January 7, 2011

Patience

By your steadfastness and patient endurance you shall win the true life of your souls.  (Luke 21:19)
 
It's been well over three years since my family left Woodstock, Georgia and moved to Knoxville, TN.  We absolutely love it here and while we miss our friends and family back home, the one thing I do NOT miss is the Atlanta traffic.  I lived approximately fifteen miles from my office in Alpharetta, but the commute  took at least one hour, one way, on a good day. Most evenings on the way back home, I would sit in bumper-to-bumper traffic for well over an hour and a half.  (No wonder people have road rage!) It occurred to me on my modest twenty-minute drive, how impatient I really am with Knoxville drivers.  It was snowing quite a bit on Wednesday afternoon, so traffic was moving slower than normal, but man am I jaded?!
 
It's hard sometimes for us to not let our emotions or mind get the best of us, especially when it involves things in which we have no control over.  How many times do you watch a sporting event like football and become an armchair quarterback?  We have to understand that if we have done our best, God will do the rest; after all, He's in control of all things, for all time!
 
We must learn to control our temper when things don't go as planned.  We must learn to also control our emotions and temper as well. Once we do that, we are humbling ourselves and letting go of control to God, who really is in control. 

No comments:

Post a Comment