Monday, January 24, 2011

Stay Strong

Encourage one another and build each other up.  (1 Thessalonians 5:11)


As difficult as the past few days have been for me in dealing with my mother's recent ER visit,  I was amazed by the outpouring of love, prayers, and support from my family and friends.  It is truly a blessing to know that no matter what you are facing, that those closest to you stand beside you trough thick and thin.  I had already had a small taste during the college football season with so many other friends that are fans of other teams pulling for the Auburn Tigers, but I don't know what I would have done without the many words of encouragement.

The Apostle, Paul, also encouraged the Thessalonians to take care of each other.  They needed each other's support just like we need it today.  There is no way we can stay in the light and prepare to fight the battles of the day on our own; encouragement is vital.

We must be bold and support each other.  When we do, we shine the light of Christ into each other's lives and that light soon dispels the darkness.

No comments:

Post a Comment