Sunday, October 31, 2010

It's A Miracle

Jesus said to him (the invalid), "Get up! Pick up your mat and walk." At once the man was cured; he picked up his mat and walked.  (John 5:8 NIV)


After 35 years, diabetes has been a way of life for one of my closest friends, Kelly Williams.  Two years ago, Kelly had a kidney and pancreas transplant that was nothing short of a miracle.  Without a doubt, the transplant saved her life.  Despite several trips to Emory hospital in Atlanta, doctors visits, medications, numerous surgeries, medical bills I can not begin to fathom, and many, many prayers, her outlook is still positive and her faith in God is unshakable.

No matter how trapped you feel in your infirmities, God can minister to your deepest needs.  The key to survival and positive living is not letting problems or hardship cause your hope to fade away.   God may have special work for you to do in spite of any medical condition, or even because of it.

Kelly's hope and faith in God has ministered to me because I have been able to see her stand triumphant over her own hurts!! Praise His name!!

1 comment:

  1. This post meant the world to me. The fact that my life and journey is inspirational to others makes all the pain and heartache worth it. Continue to worship to others. Even though I don't always comment, I enjoy reading your posts. I can always find a way to incorporate them into my life. Thank you for being such a dear friend to me and Gator. We love you so much!

    ReplyDelete