Friday, October 15, 2010

Fly Me Courageous

"Be strong and courageous, and do the work.  Do not be afraid or discouraged, for the Lord God, my God, is with you.  He will not fail you or forsake you..."  (1 Chronicles 28:20)


If I had to be honest with myself, I am coming out of a"funk" that has lasted for several months this year.  I am not sure why, but I have felt somewhat overwhelmed with many challenges that I have faced.  Sales goals, neighbors looking desperately for work, friends moving away, people battling illness and disease, pressure to figure out how to balance my life and time as a husband, father, neighbor, friend, co-worker, etc.  Looking back, I was immobilized with feelings of fear.  I am not sure what the turning point was, but I can say that once I started to immerse myself in work again, my feelings of fear and the worry of failure began to slowly disappear.

Regardless of what challenges we face, we must never forget that God never quits working inside each of us.  The enemy wants nothing more than for us to be gripped by our fears so that we are made ineffective.
God doesn't call us to a task without helping us see it through completion.  His promises are good and He will always give us what we need!

No comments:

Post a Comment