Wednesday, October 13, 2010

All You Need Is Love

Let no debt remain outstanding, except the continuing debt to love one another, for he who loves his fellowman has fulfilled the law.  The commandments...are summed up in this one rule:  "Love your neighbor as yourself."  (Romans 13:8)


Have you ever attempted to change someone or persuade another person do something that they didn't want to do?  (Get your mind out of the gutter...)  I am referring to matters of faith.  Have you ever shared your faith with someone and been rejected?  I admit, that I have been rejected several times.  The more I grow in my faith, the more I am learning to let go and simply realize that I cannot personally change anyone or argue anyone into agreeing with me.  In fact, whenever we try to change someone or something, we are telling God that we do not need Him, because we are relying on ourselves.

Paul refers to love as being a debt; a debt that we can never pay back to Christ, who poured out His life to save every one of us.  The only way we can even begin to pay back our 'debt' is by LOVING other people.  It is so simple, but yet we make it so complicated.  The church as a whole has done a horrible job of teaching this message and we as the body have done a horrible job of taking this message of love into a broken world.

The next time you are tempted to judge or stand on your self-righteous soap box, step back and simply love someone.  Let go and let God do His thing...

No comments:

Post a Comment