Monday, October 18, 2010

How To Be a Zillionaire

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.  Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you.  You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.  I will be found by you," declares the Lord... (Jeremiah 29:11-14)


We heard a wonderful message at church yesterday on "Plan B," meaning that we all set out with our own plans (Plan A), but many of us end up with shattered dreams and end up either becoming bitter in life or dealing with the hand we are dealt.  I can easily say that I would have never imagined living in Knoxville with two beautiful boys and a wonderful wife who is way out of my league if you had told me this five years ago as I struggled with going through a divorce.  I never imagined that I would teach youth again either and now share an awesome responsibility a couple of Sundays every month.  My "Plan A" was blown to hell and back and yet, here I am more blessed than I can possibly fathom.

God has a plan for each of us.  Sometimes, His plan is simply not the plan that we have devised or plotted out for our lives, but just knowing that God knows our past, present and future should be enough to give us endless amounts of hope. This also does not mean we won't face trials and hardships, but God always sees His people through to a glorious conclusion.  So, when you find yourself in a place you never could have imagined, reach out for His endless love and His provisions and trust that He will take care of you.

God is good all of the time, all of the time, God is good!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment