Tuesday, November 9, 2010

The Voice

I am the good shepherd, and I know My own and My own know Me, even as the Father knows Me and I know the Father ; and I lay down My life for the sheep. "I have other sheep, which are not of this fold ; I must bring them also, and they will hear My voice; and they will become one flock with one shepherd. (John 10:14-16)

What a great weekend I had taking our oldest son, Elliott, to his first Auburn football game.  Mommy and Elijah stayed home so we could embark on our first "Big Boys Road Trip." Something I noticed over the course of the weekend is that when he would ask me for a toy or the iPod Touch while I was driving the car, and I could not immediately reach the toy he wanted, he would ignore my response and continue to ask for the same toy repeatedly.  It's funny how God rolls, becuase I started to see a lot of myself in my son especially when it comes to me praying and waiting patiently on the Lord to answer in His perfect timing.

We live in a very noisy world-there are many answers often coming from the wrong places.  It's sometimes hard to discern God's quiet voice.  God asks us to simply drown the outside world and all of the "static" that interferes with His voice.

Are you able to be patient and still enough to listen for Him?

No comments:

Post a Comment