Sunday, November 7, 2010

Can't Buy Me Love

Just as death and destruction are never satisfied, so human desire is never satisfied.  (Proverbs 27:20)

Just like most people, I enjoy being compensated for the work that I do. I only hope that I am able to provide a comfortable living for my family. What I can't seem to understand is what motivates someone like Donald Trump, who has more money than some countries do, to continue to make even more money. It's not like he's taking any of it with him into the grave! Not that I am jealous, but at what point are you satisfied? I have heard story after story of people who win the lottery and only to lose it all and become worse off than they were before they were rich.

Jesus tells us that if we drink the "living water" we will thurst no more. Regardless of who you are or what your net worth is, Christ is the only way to the riches of heaven promised to us in eternity.

There is nothing wrong with making money, as long as we are willing to use our resources to expand God's Kingdom on earth. The Beatles said it best when they sang the line "Money can buy me lots of things, but money can't buy me love!"

No comments:

Post a Comment