Wednesday, November 24, 2010

God Give Me Strength

Fear the Lord and depart from evil.  It will be health to your flesh, and strength to your bones.  (Proverbs 3:7-8)

On my lunch break the other day, I really wanted to have something "healthy" for lunch, but then a tractor beam pulled my car into the drive-thru "south of the border" and I ended up having Taco Bell. Let me defend this choice by stating that it's hard to turn down a Cheesy Gordita Crunch, especially since they only appear on the Taco Bell menu for a limited time each year, much like the McRib sandwich at McDonald's. I felt somewhat guilty the entire day knowing that I had probably blown through my weekly caloric and fat intake in one meal.

The truth of the matter is God's plan and purpose for us on this earth require us to value our time here on this earth.  To be an effective servant of God, we need to also take care of our bodies as well.  Taking care of our bodies mean that we need to make the proper choice as pertains to eating, we need sleep, and we need to exercise on a regular basis.  If our bodies are God's temple, we need to treat them that way.  I sound like I am preaching, but I am just as guilty for overeating and making poor choices when it comes to eating.  I do try and exercise every day, but I honestly wouldn't have to run as much if I didn't eat so poorly.

When we put God's principles to work in our life, we will live with health and strength!

No comments:

Post a Comment