Thursday, November 11, 2010

Time Won't Let Me

Lord, make me to know my end, and what is the measure of my days.  That I may know how frail I am.  Indeed, You have made my days as handbreadths, and my age is nothing before You; certainly every man at his best state is but vapor.  (Psalm 39:4-5)  

As I scheduled an upcoming meeting in January, I couldn't help but come to the realization of how quickly time has flown by this year. In a few weeks we will sit at the table with our family for Thanksgiving, the Iron Bowl will be played the following day and then Christmas will be here before we know it.  Looking back, I feel like have accomplished a lot this year, even this week, but I need to be mindful that may days on this earth are numbered.

David asked God to help him number his days, which should be our prayer more often.  If we don't know where our time goes, that's a dangerous signal that we are not using our time as wisely as we should-according to God's will.  Of course, I am not referring to how much time we spend sitting in a pew or behind the walls of a church, but how often do we utilize our time doing things for other people?

Use your time wisely, because we are not promised tomorrow....

No comments:

Post a Comment