Saturday, November 20, 2010

You Are Good

Don't be deceived, my dear brothers.  Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows.  (James 1:17)

What a cool and crisp fall morning it was today!  The sky was clear and was illuminated by the glowing of many stars.  As the morning quickly changed, the yellow and orange leaves seemed to glow under the sun's light. I couldn't help but stop and give God thanks for His wonderful creation.  (Not to mention this was only the beginning of the day!) As I continued to pray, I took some time to give God thanks for many blessings that He has bestowed upon me.  I am thankful for a wonderful and beautiful family, the great friendships that I have made, our neighborhood, my career, the ability to exercise, etc. "Hey Will...save it, Thanksgiving is next week!"

I will save something for Thanksgiving, but when you humble yourself and marvel at how 'good" God is, it's hard not to be thankful and grateful.  Our life, comes from God, and everything else you can imagine-challenges, opportunities, family, friends, nature, and love.  I sure have come a long way from thinking that God is going to send something bad my way if I, myself, am not good.  God simply doesn't work that way. He is incapable of anything 'bad."  Yes, I realize that bad things happen to good people, but everything that you can imagine being good comes from the Lord above!

No comments:

Post a Comment