Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Broken

And He has said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for power is perfected in weakness." Most gladly, therefore, I will rather boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may dwell in me. Therefore I am well content with weaknesses, with insults, with distresses, with persecutions, with difficulties, for Christ's sake; for when I am weak, then I am strong. (2 Corinthians 8-10)


We had just tucked our son into bed for the night and had settled in dowstairs in front of the television when we heard our son crying.  I quickly ran upstairs to check on him to make sure everything was all right and discovered that he was upset because he had broken a toy.  It was easy fix and he was very happy to have his action figure repaired.

How does this relate to matters of faith?  It's simple and part of being sanctified.  You see, when we are self-righteous, we are virtually telling God that it's "My way or the highway."   When we rely on ourselves, we are not following God's will and rejecting the ways of Christ.  We have to let go instead of trying to be fixed.  Brokeness conflicts with what the world tells us we should be. Let go and let God do His part in your life....

No comments:

Post a Comment