Thursday, November 18, 2010

Unanswered Prayers

Make me know Your ways, O Lord; teach me Your paths. Lead me in Your truth and teach me, for You are the God of my salvation; for You I wait all the day. (Psalm 23:1-3) 

A little less than three years ago, I decided that it was time to make a career change.  I was earning a pretty comfortable living in Atlanta, but felt that I was capable of doing more.  (It's funny how children will change your perspective, isn't it?)  I went through the proper channels and pursued a newly vacated sales position within the organization.  The entire process began and took several months of interviews, tests, and praying before they selected another candidate for the position that they felt was 'better qualified."  Sure, I was disappointed and felt like a failure, but not too long afterwards, God blessed me with an opportunity of a lifetime in Knoxville, TN!

How many times do we pray for things that we really want, but may not necessarily need?  God knows our hearts, and yes, He also knows exactly what we need.  Sometimes He answers prayers after making us wait patiently, some are immediate and some are never answered; they are always in accordance to His perfect will for our lives. 

Trust Him and keep focused on Him; He will give you a clear direction for your life, even if it's not the one you may have chosen!

No comments:

Post a Comment