Friday, November 12, 2010

Advice For The Young At Heart

My son, pay attention to my wisdom; Lend your ear to my understanding.  That you may preserve discretion, and your lips may keep knowledge.  (Proverbs 5:1-3)
 
I remember when I was growing up my mother used to warn me repeadily not to touch the stove top, especially while it was hot.  Being young and naive, I did what any child does, I didn't listen to my mother's advice, reached up and touched the hot stove top and burned my hand severely!!  I have noticed the same pattern with my own children and can only imagine how it will be as our youngest grows up. 
 
As an adult, I can give advice all day long, but it's hard to take it and follow it sometimes.  The Bible tells us that the wise do not only give good advice, but they heed it as well.  One of the best places we can only go for advice is the living word found in Scripture.  It's one thing to read scripture, but another thing to apply it in your life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment