Thursday, November 4, 2010

Riding The Storm Out

Commit your way to the Lord, trust also in Him, and He shall bring it to pass.  (Psalm 37:5)


I don't what it is, but crazy stuff seems to happen to me at work on Mondays and Wednesdays.  Yesterday was no exception as I had a difficult situation arise that I really didn't want to face, quite honestly.  No, this was not "the situation" as in the chiseled abs guy from that horrid reality show, but one that could have cost me the business of a client that I had worked hard to write earlier this year.  I had lifted the problem up to God in my prayers and every solution or idea that I had to resolve the problem ended up being a dead-end. Regardless, I dealt with the problem and reached out to God in the midst of a storm.

I am convinced that God sometimes requires us to wait patiently before He sends His blessings.  Just like the disciples on the boat during the storm in the Sea of Galilee, Jesus eventually calmed the storm and commanded the waves to be still.

The lesson Jesus taught His disciples that night was to be still, trust Him despite being in the middle of a storm.  I believe He asks the same of us when we are faced with trials and tribulations of our own.

No comments:

Post a Comment