Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Coconuts

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control.  Against such there is no law.  (Galatians 5:22-23)

I woke up this morning and went into the kitchen to brew some coffee and a horrid smell came from the trash can.  It was a half of a banana that had been thrown out a few days ago and the smell almost made me pass out becuase it was so bad.  One of the most recognizeable verses from Galations is the verse above regarding the "fruits of the Spirit."  The rotten banana got me thinking-what kind of fruits am I producing from my walk with Christ?

Do I love others regardless?  Am I joyful despite my circumstances?  Am I at peace?  Am I patient in waiting or do I need immediate results?  Am I kind and compassionate to others?  Do I want the best for others?  Am I faithful?  Am I firm but tender?  Am I in control and disciplined?

Looking inward you can tell if you are displaying the above list of qualities.  Ask yourself these questions and look to the Holy Spirit for guidance in your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment