Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Trouble No More

"Do not let your heart be troubled; believe in God, believe also in Me.  In My Father's house are many dwelling places; if it were not so, I would have told you; for I go to prepare a place for you.  If I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself, that where I am, there you may be also." -Jesus (John 14:1-3)
 
We had such a wonderful time with our Life Group at our Christmas gathering Sunday night.  As much fun as it was, the ride home was nothing short of a white-knuckle ride."  The light snow dusting in Knoxville had changed into a winter wonderland by the time the party was ending.  Elijah was well past his bed time and hungry and Elliott was being his typical three year old self.  Thankfully we were in Alicia's Honda Pilot which has 4WD, but I must admit that I was pretty nervous driving some of the back roads that were covered in ice and snow. 
 
Amidst the screaming and stressfulness during the the drive home, I made a few seconds to pray for safe passage home.  The Pilot slipped and slid only a few times, but we made it safely home last night as did the rest of our Life Group. 
 
Why does it take something like immediate danger to draw us closer to God on our knees?  Why do we struggle with turning everything over to God that troubles us?  He is waiting and He is patient; you will never face any trouble in your lifetime that is too great for God!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment