Wednesday, December 29, 2010

He Ain't Heavy, He's My Brother

But He answered and said to the one who told Him, "Who is My mother and who are My brothers?"  And He stretched out His hand toward His disciples and said, "Here are My mother and My brothers!"  (Matthew 12:48-49)


I get a kick out of watching our oldest son, Elliott interact with our infant son, Elijah.  I am enjoying this now, but like all things, I know it will change drastically when both boys are interested in the same toys, etc.  At the age of three, Elliott is already a loyal big brother (most of the time.)

How much loyalty do you see on a regular basis?  I can not begin to fathom a time in the workplace where customers were actually loyal to their vendors and vice versa.  It just doesn't happen very often any more.

When you are loyal to someone, you show them love unconditionally.  Loyal people will represent you well to others and are people that can laugh and cry with you during the journey together.  Finally, loyal people make your dream their dream as well.  I can name a handful of folks that I share this type of loyalty with.

Unfortunately, there are people who are only out for themselves in this world and are not following the example that Jesus set for us.  We are to consider everyone we interact with a "brother/sister" in Christ.  Start with the people that are nearest and dearest to you; your spouse, children, parents, friends, neighbors, co-workers and see what loyalty does to improve your most valued relationships.

No comments:

Post a Comment