Monday, December 13, 2010

Fortress Around Your Heart

My soul finds rest in God alone; my salvation comes from Him.  He alone is my rock and my salvation; He is my fortress, I will never be shaken.  (Psalm 62:1-2)


Our youngest, Elijah, fell asleep yesterday during worship service amidst the energetic praise and worship band playing and the congregation clapping and singing.  After service, a friend made the comment that Elijah looked so peaceful asleep in my arms.

The verse from Psalms is a reminder that David knew how to find peace and rest in God alone.  Despite difficult circumstances, David was also able to stand firm on God as his rock and salvation, his fortress that was never shaken.

During this Christmas season, we too can find the peace and much needed rest in God.  Just another gift that comes with the birth of our Savior!

No comments:

Post a Comment