Thursday, December 16, 2010

Ball of Confusion

Fix your thoughts on what is true and honorable, and right, and pure, and lovely, and admirable.  Think about things that are excellent and worthy of praise.  Keep putting into practice all you have learned.  ...then the God of peace will be with you.  (Philippians 4:8-9)


Have you ever found yourself saying something that you wish you could take back?  I am constantly finding myself regretting some of the comments that I have made and language that I have chosen to use at certain times.  Sometimes the music I listen to and the television I watch has a profound influence on my conversations.

I am a former disc jockey, so I go through all types of musical moods and journeys.  This time of the year on television, there is not much on between the end of the college football season and the start of the bowls.  Lately, I have been listening to everything from Christmas music to Paul Finebaum, Rivals Radio, Paul McCartney and even Jay-Z (you have to admit, he's a talented rapper!)  When I focus on some of the more Spiritual music, I begin to open my heart more to the Holy Spirit and fix my thoughts on the list of Godly things mentioned in the verse above.  When I listen to H.O.V.A., not so much so...

Life is a whole lot less confusing when we realize and accept that God is in control.  Because He is in control, you can take comfort in knowing that things do not happen by chance or randomly.  When you focus on things not of this earth, you begin to live your life more purposefully rather than in the hectic confusion that so many people choose to live in.

Take peace in knowing that God is in complete control and His promises will come true!

No comments:

Post a Comment