Wednesday, December 8, 2010

People Get Ready

"No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father.  As is was in the days of Noah, so it will be at the coming of the Son of Man." -Jesus  (Matthew 24:36-37)

I recently read an interesting news article about a new billboard campaign in Nashville, TN that is proclaiming that Jesus is coming again on May 20th, 2011.  WOW!  That's great news, but according to Jesus' words in Matthew, not even He knows for sure the exact time or date of when He is making His triumphant return. So how is a Christian radio network based out Raleigh, NC privy to the details?  Well, to answer my own question, they really don't have a clue.

According to Allison Warden from www.wecanknow.com  the billboards are only meant to serve as a reminder to folks to prepare for what is known as the Rapture.  Certain followers will be raised up to be with Jesus during His return while the ones left behind will have to suffer through terrifying events including earthquakes, floods, and other plagues.  While the whole idea of the Rapture may scare the living daylights out of some, most Believers are eager for the return of Christ to this earth.

I am not a betting man, but if I was, I certainly wouldn't put my money on Jesus returning on May 21st, 2011; then again, I have no idea when He is coming back either.  While I am certain that many people will find the billboard campaign offensive, we can all take the message as sign to "keep watch" until that day does come.  Keeping watch means more than just sitting around and waiting; we need to be active in our faith; we need to proclaim the love of a God to people everywhere.  We need to stay grounded in Scripture and share the "good news" with as many people as we possibly can.

I don't know about you, but I certainly want to be ready...just don't know when that day is going to come, but there is no time like the present to be prepared!

1 comment: