Monday, December 6, 2010

Changes

God is working in you, giving you the desire and the power to do what pleases Him.  (Philippians 2:13)


The Holy Spirit is a great gift that we all receive upon accepting Jesus Christ as our Lord and Savior.  God has slowly been working on me the better part of ten years and I am an ongoing "work in progress."  I often pray that I don't do or say some of the "stupid" things that I have tendencies to do.  I also realize that if I want real change, it's not coming from me; it has to come from above.

God never forces change on us.  When we invite Him into our lives, we also grant Him permission to use His almighty power to change us.  Sometimes, we can also resist His change in our lives, opting to follow our own ambitions rather than following His will.

We must continually "die to self" and let God do the work that will start a transformation in each of us over the course of our lifetime.  You will see dramatic changes when you open your heart to God's plan and allow Him to be the Lord of your life.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment