Monday, December 27, 2010

Open Letter to a Landlord

Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.  And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.  (Philippians 4:6-7)


Two days after Christmas and the next week things should return back to normal (whatever that is.)  The bowl games will be on through the middle of January and the few days left of December should be light working days until the new year, if the past few years have been any indication.  The return lines were out the door at both Wal-Mart and Target on Sunday, and with Christmas in the a distant memory, people are beginning to think about the new year and the hope and longing for new beginnings.

I know that I am hopeful to have a great 2011, but can't help but be somewhat anxious about the unknown.  My career completely changed since the passing of health care reform and there is no sign of improvement any time soon.  I don't believe in making resolutions, they just seem petty and normally are forgotten before the end of January.  Instead, I'd like to make some commitments to change and better myself.  One item that I would like to work on is praying instead of worrying.  I must learn to let God shape my worries into prayers.  When we pray, God instills in us a sense of wholeness with everything coming together for good.

It's great to know that we have a God who is sincerely interested in everything that we are concerned about;  He is always willing to listen and help us out.

No comments:

Post a Comment