Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Worry

Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God.  (Philippians 4:6)


I have finally come to a point in my life where I realize that worrying does absolutely nothing to solve my problems.  Something that has served as me well is being more aware of God's presence in my life.

Just yesterday morning, I was feeling anxious about my schedule at work and began feeling overwhelmed about the various deadlines and meetings I have over the next few weeks as this is the busiest part of the year in the insurance world.  As I was on my morning jog, I couldn't help but to feel God's presence all around me.  The morning air was crisp and cool, and the sun shined brightly all around me.  All I could do was simply thank Him for the beautiful morning!  It sounds kind of corny, but it worked.

God wants us to thank Him and praise Him.  When we do, the greater calmness and peace we experience.  Give thanks to Him today for all that He has done in your life in the past and all that He is doing right now and all that He is going to do for you; He is good!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment