Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Perfection

Having been justified by faith, we have peace with God. (Romans 5:1)

As a parent, I always want what's best for my children. I want them to succeed in all that they do, but when they grow a little older and began to participate in sports, I hope that I do not put pressure on them to be perfect.

I was watching Federer's match at the US Open this evening and was in awe of how many grand slam tournaments he has won-more than any other player in the modern era. I have also seen him lose some matches as well, but he is still one of the greatest players to ever play the game of tennis.

We live in such a competitive world that it is almost expected that we are perfect in all that we do. In college football, a team will not likely play in the BCS title game if they lose one of their regular season games. The past few years, we have had a handful of teams that had perfect seasons.

We cannot live with such an unrealistic expectation of ourselves. If you are living without God, the outcome is even more futile, because you certainly can not be perfect and live an error-free life on your own.

Give it up and give it to God!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment