Saturday, September 25, 2010

Communication

"I will not ask, I will not put the Lord to the test."  (Isaiah 7:12)


It never fails, every time place an order at Starbucks, I get tounge-tied, butcher my order and normally am reprimanded by the person behind the counter.  They have a way of embarrassing me by slowly repeating what I was attempting to say in front of the throng of people standing behind me in line.  "You mean a Tall Iced Vanilla Frappe Skinny?"  I guarantee that if I went to any other coffee house it wouldn't be this difficult.

When we pray to God, sometimes we feel like we have to offer some elaborate prayer.  It's just the way many of us were raised and how we heard it during church.  The good news is that God simply wants to communicate with us and have a conversation with us.

Don't worry about the words that you are lifting up to God, it's the conversation that He wants with us that really matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment