Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Anything Is Possible

"With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible."  -Jesus (Matthew 19:26)


Do you ever find yourself constantly trying to sit on the throne of God?  What I am implying is how I sometimes tend to push God away by relying on myself.  I probably do it more often than I realize.  It's what my father used call "getting too big for your britches."  I take on the attitude of an immature child and became somewhat arrogant in my very limited abilities.

Sure, I can do certain things on my own strength, but when it comes to me screwing stuff up, it normally happens when I have attempted to take the role of God.  For instance, I have a family member that is not a follower of Christ.  I originally tried to help "save" this person's lost soul and it brought the same result every single time-I appeared self-righteous and "preachy"and actually caused more harm than good in our relationship.  With God's loving discipline, I have learned to simply live my life as an example to others and not try to do what only God alone can do.  If we were capable of saving ourselves, then Christ died on the cross for nothing.

It's easy for me to rely on God when I feel that I have exhausted all other avenues and resources, but the truth of the matter is, what seems impossible for us is totally possible for Him alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment