Thursday, September 16, 2010

Out of Touch

Trusting in me, you will be unshakable and assured, deeply at peace.  In this godless world you will continue to experience difficulties.  But take heart!  I have conquered the world.  (John 16:33, The Message)


I attended a function at church the other night and when praying with the group, I recall someone praying out loud for peace.  I started to think that I don't pray often enough for peace and at times, my life seems pretty chaotic.  I can always tell the difference in a day where I may have skimmed through my morning devotionals and my prayers are all over the map.

As followers of Christ, we can expect continuing tension with an unbelieving world that is "out of sync/touch" with Christ, His gospel, and His people.  On the other hand, we can expect to our relationship with Christ to produce peace and comfort because we are in sync with Him.

I don't know about you, but I sure could use some more peace in my life!  Praise His Holy name!

No comments:

Post a Comment