Monday, September 20, 2010

Praise You

Though You have made me see troubles, many and bitter, You will restore my life again; from the depths of the earth you will bring me up. You will comfort me once again.  I will praise you for your faithfulness, O my God...  (Psalm 72: 20-22)


It's hard for me to fathom the period of my life where I wasn't in a close relationship with Jesus; I can barely recall the feelings of emptiness and loneliness I worked so hard to cover up.  It was easy for me to clown around and have fun in a social setting, but it was the moments of solitude that I realized I needed something more than anyone on this earth could possibly offer me-I needed His grace, mercy, and forgiveness (and still do!)

Something truly amazing and supernatural happened when I allowed Christ to move into my heart; His tender love slowly restored me to the person He created and intended me to be.  My prayers went from petty and selfish requests to prayers of unexplainable joy and praise.

I am still a work in progress with much to learn and work on, but His faithfulness is for ALL of us to enjoy.  His sacrifice in love is worth more than we could ever repay, so let us PRAISE Him for who He is!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment