Saturday, February 26, 2011

What You Need

By His divine power, God has given us everything we need for living a godly life.  We have received all of this by coming to know Him, the one who called us to Himself by means of His marvelous glory and excellence.  (2 Peter 1:3)
 
It's that time of year again; tax season.  No, I am not a CPA, but many of my friends who are always seem to disappear for several weeks the first part of each new year. We have already filed our taxes and Alicia and I were slightly disappointed by our returns.  We were blessed to receive a nice return, but it wasn't as much as we received the prior year, which let us down a little.  God quickly dispelled my disappointment and filled my spirit with contentment. I am blessed to have a career in a struggling economy and blessed to be filing taxes on the income I received in 2010.  There is no reason for me to be down at all!
 
The truth is, when our contentment depends on things going our own way, we will become unhappy when they don't.  When your contentment comes from watching Him meet all of your needs, you can rest secure and happy because you will always have all you need. 
 
He is the great Teacher, and if you allow Him, He will teach you to discern the valuable things in life from the distractions.

No comments:

Post a Comment