Sunday, February 13, 2011

True Faith

Be doers of the Word, and not hearers only, deceiving yourselves.  (James 1:22)


Some people, myself included, get into trouble pretty easily.  Alicia gets mad when I do the grocery shopping because I always come home with my share of "junk food." Ice cream, chips, snack food, etc; stuff that tastes good but isn't exactly on top of the food pyramid.  I know that the "junk food" is bad for me, but I figure that if I overcompensate with my running, I can burn the extra calories off to support my vices.

Our sins work the same way.  Instead of waiting patiently for God's timing, we take matters into our own hands and find ourselves in some serious trouble.  Other times, our problems are so seemingly great, that we act ahead of God instead of waiting for His will to unfold.

Anytime we act on our own accord without seeking God, is disobedience.  Thankfully, He is patient and forgiving and will never stop loving His children.  I always wonder if He is looking down on me repeating Himself like I do with my own children saying "No."

Learn the principle of steadfastness and patience in your faith.  If you look at most sin, you will find a great deal of manipulation, which always leads to disappointment and lack of fulfillment.

No comments:

Post a Comment