Friday, February 25, 2011

Come Together

Where two or three gather together as my followers, I am there among them.  (Matthew 18:20)
 
It's no secret that during college I spent a majority of my time going to concerts.  Specifically, I followed bands like Widespread Panic, Phish, Galactic, String Cheese Incident, and the Dave Matthews Band around the country as much as I possibly could.  My parents always were baffled at how many times I went to see the same bands. It was hard for them to understand, but it was always about the experience of just being there, hearing the songs jammed live and the throng of followers that traveled to every show in every city the bands played.   
 
Our experience at church is not much different.  Christ lives in the heart of every believer, but He also lives in the community of the church.  When the church is gathered together, something special happens-He fills the walls with His Holy presence.  I have seen lives changed at the alter of our church.  It's one of the greatest experiences of my lifetime to see someone surrender to His never-ending love.  
 
Just like being at a live concert or sporting event makes it more exciting, worshipping God with other believers makes it even more meaningful!

No comments:

Post a Comment