Sunday, February 20, 2011

Times Change

Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think.  Then you will learn to know God's will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.  (Romans 12:2)


Alicia left town yesterday morning to go visit some friends in Atlanta and left me with both boys and the dog! The day was actually pretty smooth and the house is still standing for the most part, but tending to both children by my lonesome was overwhelming at times.  I had a list of things that I wanted to accomplish on Saturday, but quickly had to abandon all of the items to make sure the boys were taken care of.  My, how things have changed!

A few months ago, I was doing a lot more at church...most Sundays, I would leave the house early in the morning to help set up on the audio/video team at Hardin Valley, teach Sunday School, attend choir practice on a regular basis as well as Celebrate Recovery.  All of those things are great and noble, but after Elijah was born, God called me to focus on my most important ministry-my family.

Jesus modeled a perfect life of balance.  His pace allowed Him to be guided by God's will instead of the human pressures that we all face.

When you let God change your thinking to reflect His thinking, He will sow you what you can do and cannot do.  Then you can live according to His priorities and will!

No comments:

Post a Comment