Sunday, August 15, 2010

Inadequacies

So now, go.  I am sending you to Pharaoh to bring my people the Israelites out of Egypt. (Exodus 3:10)

I can only imagine how inadequate that Moses must have felt when God chose him to lead his people out of Egypt.  We have all been there if we are perfectly honest with ourselves.  I often feel inadequate as a husband, father, brother, son, neighbor, friend, salesman, you name it...I don't feel like I live up to my true potential.

The truth is that Moses was inadequate by himself.  God never intended him to do any of the work by himself. God often calls us to leave our comfort zones and do things that seem difficult, but He will never ask us to go it alone.

We too, must look beyond ourselves as believers and trust that God will provide us the resources to help us succeed no matter what we have been called to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment