Thursday, August 26, 2010

Call Me Mellow

Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable-if anything is excellent or praiseworthy-think about such things.  (Philippians 4:8)


It was bound to happen sooner or later, but my wife and I had WWIII last night after dinner.  Looking back, I am not really sure what all the fussing was about; however, we have been functioning on minimal sleep, adjusting to being parents for the second time, and honestly have had a not had any quiet time to ourselves for the past few weeks.  We both said things that we regretted saying and after we talked everything out, realized that our fighting could have been minimized if only we had done a better job on focusing on things that are good and pure.

Sure, I attempt to read my Bible every day, but lately, I have forgotten what I have just read only a few moments later.  We watch an awful lot of television after the children finally go to sleep for the night and we certainly our not having praiseworthy conversations with each other.

You see, what we put into our minds determines what comes out in our words and actions.  We have to be on guard and ask God to help us focus on what is good and pure.  It's not easy, but with practice it can be done!

1 comment:

  1. Great post my friend! A great reminder, to parents that have just had a baby or even to those who have 10 years under their belt, to keep communication open, take time for each other, stay focused, and weed out the "garbage" so to speak.

    ReplyDelete