Sunday, August 22, 2010

Ain't Life Grand!?!


See how very much our Father loves us, for he calls us his children, and that is what we are! (1 John 3:1)
"The sun came out the other day, through those dusty clouds and in my mind I was a child, and it felt good!!" -Widespread Panic 
Speaking of when you were a child, do you ever wish you could go back?  I love that line from the Widespread Panic song, "Ain't Life Grand," because it reminds me of a time when things were simple, pure, and much less complicated.
Friends have changed, the dreams I had as a child are almost non-existent, life is full of difficulties that I never saw coming and my life seems to be the complete opposite of when I was a child playing Star Wars or riding bikes in the neighborhood on a long summer night.  
I think we all sometimes wish we could go back to being children if we are honest with ourselves.  And why not?  When we were little children, we weren’t loaded down with the burdens of worry, peer pressure, rejection, and performance expectations.  We put all our trust in people who would love us, provide for us, and take care of us.
When we trust in Jesus Christ as our only hope of salvation, we bring the faith of a child to God, then we become the children of God!
I still have "grown up" issues to deal with…and when they creep into my soul and darken my life, God reminds me to go back to being His child. He sits me down like a loving parent and fills my mind with His promises.
When you trust in Jesus Christ alone for salvation, you enter into a Father and child relationship with the God of the universe. So go back to a simpler time, because God’s always got your back!

No comments:

Post a Comment