Sunday, August 29, 2010

Break My Stride

Let that therefore abide in you, which ye have heard from the beginning. If that which ye have heard from the beginning shall remain in you, ye also shall continue in the Son, and in the Father. And this is the promise that he hath promised us, even eternal life. (1 John 2:24-25)

While visiting family in Marietta, GA yesterday, I decided to run to the top of Kennesaw Mountain during my morning run. Not to brag or boast, but the mountain feels like it is literally straight up and down and I never quit jogging, no matter how tired I was. Once I reached the top of the mountain, I had the most wonderful view of Atlanta. The sky was overcast and there were several places where the sun had burst through the grey clouds; it was beautiful!

The whole way up the mountain, I kept passing by other walkers and runners that encouraged me along the way. How similar is a difficult run up a mountain like our lives on this earth? If we continue to stay grounded in our faith and with some encouragement along the way, we can make it to the place He has promised to each of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment