Saturday, March 5, 2011

What Are You Waiting For?

At the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.  (Philippians 2:10-11)


We live in a culture where people make up excuses for just about everything.  "He/she made me do it," "I just don't have the time/money right now," and "My dog ate my homework" are some of the most common.  If you are like me, you have surely made an excuse to not commit or have provided an excuse to back out of something you did not necessarily want to do.

People often treat their faith with much of the same regard.  "It's God's fault that I have been diagnosed with cancer" or "I am not willing to follow Christ, because I don't want to quit _____." Whatever the particular situation, we can come up with an excuse to avoid Jesus in our lives.

The Bible promises us that we will one day have a face to face encounter with Jesus Christ.  At that point, He will either know that you have accepted Him as Lord and Savior or will know that you have denied Him.  

Deal with any excuses you may have today so that you will be ready when that day arrives.

No comments:

Post a Comment