Wednesday, March 30, 2011

One Way Out

Ask, and you will receive, that your joy may be full. (John 16:24)

Alicia and I were recently presented an opportunity that we both have had to prayerfully turn completely over to God to show us the way. (Believe me, I can count the times on one hand that I have honestly taken that approaching the past, rather than make a major decision based on impulse or selfish ambition.) This time, without going into specific detail, I have been seeking God daily, even though the answers have not been clear and I have had to wait patiently for God's direction.

Eventually, after continue to dig deeper, I know that I will come to the point of hearing God answer my question with a "Yes, this is what is you need to do" or "No, you need to avoid this."

The only way we can achieve this kind of dependence on God's guidance is by staying in constant communication with Him through prayer and remaining grounded in His Word.

He wants what is good for us, but we truely have no way of knowing unless we move closer to Him to discern what His will for our life is.

No comments:

Post a Comment