Monday, March 14, 2011

Back On Track

Give your burdens to the Lord, and He will take care of you.  He will not permit the godly to slip and fall.  (Psalm 55:22)


God cares for each of us and helps us whenever we ask Him to.  This week was no exception for me as the season of Lent began on Wednesday night.

Let me preface this story by saying that God sometimes employs some Unconventional and unexpected methods by which He answers our prayers.  I was feeling great on Tuesday morning, and went to work like it was any other day.  By about 3:45 pm that same day, I began to feel weak and sick.  Wednesday, I was running a fever, achy, had a sore throat, stuffy, and basically had the will to do nothing.  Thursday was even worse, as I went to the doctor and he confirmed that I had the flu.  It was tough as I had kept my distance from the rest of the family to not infect anyone else, and I had to cancel all of the scheduled meetings I had last week.  All of this turned out to be a huge blessing for me as I had not used any smokeless tobacco since Tuesday evening!  Going back to Lent, I had tried to give up my "nasty habit" last year, but failed miserably.  This time, God had different plans for me.  I was going to quit because I had prayed about it and asked for His help.  I really didn't want to quit, but God didn't give me the choice this time around.

I am on day five now and am proud to say that I am nicotine-free.  It feels good and to be honest, this was the last thing that I thought I would be able to say today, then again, I thought that having my flu vaccine was good to help prevent me from catching the flu this year too.

Thanks be to God!

No comments:

Post a Comment