Sunday, March 20, 2011

Joy and Pain

In His kindness, God called you to share in His eternal glory by means of Christ Jesus.  So after you have suffered a little while, He will restore, support, and strengthen you, and He will place you on a firm foundation.  (1 Peter 5:10)


This past Friday was such a cool day on so many levels...for starters, I worked a half day, managed to write  some new business, had lunch a Jimmy John's (the best!!),  the weather was a picture-perfect sunny day, and to top it all off, I took Elliott to the sporting goods store to purchase his first tee-ball equipment; a glove, a bat, tee, and some practice balls.

Everything was honkey-dory until it came to finding a bat that was the perfect length, drop, and weight for a three-year old.  The price of the bats began at $29.99 and some cost as much as $500.00!  Elliott had his mind set on a bat that was suitable for a much older player and refused to let go of a 31 inch, $100 aluminum beauty.  In my efforts to find a more suitable and less expensive bat, I was not paying attention and it happened, Elliott dropped a bat on top of my foot, which was barely protected by my Chaco sandal.  My foot throbbed in pain for a few moments and I desperately tried to keep my composure, after all we were doing manly things.

The pain I experienced in this long-winded story made me forget for a few moments that God was still with me.  Some feel pain and immediately think that God has abandoned them. Others experience difficulty and forget all that God has promised.  God will never desert those who follow Him.

He will never take the day off and forget about you and what you are dealing with.  Even if you are experiencing pain for a time, never forget that God will be there to see you through the healing process.

He is good all the time, all the time He is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment