Thursday, June 13, 2024

Walk With Me

 

Let us hold fast the confession of our hope without wavering.  Hebrews 10:23


In my walk of faith, there are occasions that if left to my own devices, I begin to become selfish in pursuing what makes me feel happy, and I only hear what I want to hear.  I can always tell when I am beginning to veer “off path,” because I tend to be short-tempered, impatient and combative with my family and friends.  I can typically pinpoint the “off path” beginnings by my shortened and unfocused prayers, lack of reading God’s Word, and going through the motions of worship at church.

It’s when we live according to God’s divine wisdom that we walk by faith and not by our own sight.  We begin to make decisions as God would have us make them instead of based upon how we feel, and what makes us feel “good.”

We must let the Holy Spirit guide us, not our impulses and emotions.  We must walk with God daily and allow His divine wisdom to reign supreme in our lives.

My Photo

No comments:

Post a Comment