Wednesday, June 12, 2024

Just The Two of Us

 

The plans of the heart belong to man, but the answer of the tongue is from the Lord.  All the ways of a man are clean in his own sight, but the Lord weighs the motives.  Commit your works to the Lord and your plans will be established.  Proverbs 16: 1-3

As summer has kicked into high gear, it has become clear to me that I desperately need to spend more time in prayer, connecting with our Lord and Savior.  I have also been travelling the past two weekends and unable to attend worship, so I really do feel out of touch.

Finding the right balance in life always proves to be more difficult than it sounds.  For us to live up to our true potential and follow the plans God has made for us, we must seek to achieve balance in our lives.

Our first priority should always be to seek the Lord each and every day, though prayer, reading of the Word and worshiping on a regular basis. Working a full-time career and adding young children to the mix can certainly take away from any quiet time to pray or read the Bible, so I do at least try to save a few minutes each morning to start my day on the good foot.  

I know too many people that consider Sunday their day of rest and will make up any excuse to not go to church.  I honestly look forward to going to church each week and feel like something is off if I am out of town or miss a service.

Despite our busy schedules, we must make the time each and every day to devote to our Loving Father!!

No comments:

Post a Comment