Tuesday, June 18, 2024

I Started Something I Couldn't Finish

 

Let us run with patient endurance and steady and active persistence the appointed course of the race that is set before us, looking away from all that will distract to Jesus. Just think of Him so that you may not grow weary or exhausted, losing heart and relaxing and fainting in your minds. Hebrews 12:1-3


There have been plenty of times that I have started something, given up and then quit something. For instance, I really wanted to learn to play the banjo and was determined to start a bluegrass band, so I purchased one along with an instructional book and DVD. I attempted to play the banjo along with the video and became so frustrated, that I quickly gave up and returned everything back to the music store.  (I think Belá Fleck was teaching the lesson on the DVD...) If only I had given the instrument just a little more effort and practiced more, maybe I could have learned to play the banjo.  Who knows? I could have been in a bluegrass band by now….okay, maybe not, but it never hurts to daydream!

Our lives are much the same, particularly our walk with Christ. There are plenty of times that we are faced with difficult situations that wear us down and make us want to give up, but once we have Christ in our lives, He gives us His never-ending strength and energy to endure.

We must keep looking to Him and seeking His strength when we feel like giving up and saying "I quit." We must follow His example and keep on pressing no matter what we are facing!  


No comments:

Post a Comment